As a health coach I am often asked what is the best way to improve my health? Well I have been working in this field for over 20 years and I have found some very effective ways to keep myself and my family healthy. Here are my top 10 tips:
1. Eat fresh fruit and vegetables every day – This is a no brainer. The best part is that you can eat them any time of the day. You can add them to your breakfast, lunch or dinner and they will still be good for you.
2. Get some exercise – If you don’t have time to go to the gym then you need to find other ways to get yourself moving. A brisk walk around the block is all you need. You can also do some stretches to help you feel better and get your blood flowing.
3. Take time out to relax – If you work long hours and have little time to relax then you need to find ways to unwind. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as it gives you time to relax. Some people like to read, others like to meditate. Find something that works for you and relax.
4. Drink lots of water – Water helps your body flush toxins and keeps you hydrated. It also helps you feel full and energized. Drinking plenty of water will also help you lose weight.
5. Eat whole foods – When you eat processed foods you are putting chemicals into your body. Processed foods are usually high in sugar and fat. Try to avoid these types of foods as much as possible.
6. Don’t drink too much alcohol – Alcohol is a diuretic and dehydrates you. Alcohol also increases your appetite so it makes it hard to lose weight.
7. Avoid sugar – Sugar is everywhere and it is easy to consume a lot of it. You can easily replace sugar with honey or agave syrup. Both of these sweeteners are lower on the glycemic index than sugar and are better for your body.
8. Eat lean protein – Lean protein is a great source of amino acids which are needed by your body. Protein also helps you feel fuller longer and helps you build muscle.
9. Eat fish – Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for a healthy heart and brain. Fish is a great source of omega 3’s and is low in calories.
10. Get enough sleep – Sleep is important for your overall well being. Getting a good night sleep will help you feel better and help you lose weight.