Do you want to know the top 10 benefits of exercising regularly? Well, there are so many health benefits to exercising that it’s hard to choose just ten. However, here are some of the most common benefits of regular exercise.
1. Exercise improves your body image and self-esteem. When you are physically fit and trim, you feel good about yourself. You may even be more confident when you meet new people.
2. Exercise can lower your blood pressure. This is especially true if you exercise regularly. Blood pressure is often one of the first things doctors check when they examine patients. Lowering your blood pressure is one of the best ways to avoid a stroke or heart attack.
3. Exercise can increase your energy levels. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins into your system. These chemicals give you a feeling of well being and happiness. They also help you sleep better.
4. Exercise can improve your mood. It has been proven that people who exercise regularly have fewer symptoms of depression than those who don’t. If you have problems with anxiety, depression, or stress, it may be worth considering exercise as a way to deal with these issues.
5. Exercise can reduce your risk of diabetes. It has been shown that people who exercise regularly have a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. In fact, research shows that people who exercise three times per week have a 40% lower risk of developing this condition.
6. Exercise can help prevent osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease that weakens bones and increases your risk of bone fractures. It is often caused by a lack of calcium in the diet. Regular exercise helps keep your bones strong and prevents osteoporosis.
7. Exercise can help prevent cancer. There is evidence that people who exercise regularly have less chance of developing cancer. This includes breast, colon, prostate, lung, and pancreatic cancers.
8. Exercise can help you lose weight. People who exercise regularly tend to have lower body weights than those who don’t. This is because exercise burns calories and makes you feel full faster.
9. Exercise can help you sleep better. The more active you are, the better your sleep. In addition, exercise helps your body relax and prepares you for sleep.
10. Exercise can help you live longer. People who exercise regularly live longer than those who don’t. For example, people who exercise regularly are much less likely to die from heart disease.